Offering concise, easy-access information for the most common ocular problems,Ocular Therapeutics Handbook: A Clinical Manual
is a proven, practical resource for optometrists, nurses, and primary care physicians. A consistent outline format and numerous algorithms make vital information easy to retrieve, while a problem-oriented approach provides a real-world perspective and helps build critical thinking skills. The revised 4th Edition includes an accompanying eBook that contains all of the content in the book, plus additional clinical photographs, illustrations, and surgical and procedural videos.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio, and Interactive Capabilities!
- Three well-organized sections cover the information you need to know: Quick Reference (ocular microbiology, lab tests and procedures, pharmaceutical agents, and medication side effects); Ocular Therapeutics (diseases, traumatic injuries, and ocular urgencies and emergencies); and Appendices (abbreviations, conversion charts, case report sheets, and more).
- Each clinical presentation focuses on the patient (risk factors, signs and symptoms), the disease (pathophysiology), and the management (treatment options and pharmacology), providing rapid access to clinically relevant material.
- Revised content covers recent advancements in new technology, including electrophysiology, fundus auto-fluorescence, and OCT; diagnostic equipment and techniques, recently developed pharmaceuticals; and recent clinical studies’ impact on ocular disease.
- New video content teaches how to perform key procedures and improve patient management.
- Hundreds of line drawings, color photographs, and tables help you visualize and quickly grasp key concepts.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.