Selected as a Doody's Core Title for 2021!
Winter’s Basic Clinical Pharmacokinetics
helps readers apply pharmacokinetics and therapeutic drug monitoring to patient care.
An easy-to-read, case-study format has made this text a favorite among students and clinicians. Divided into two parts, Part I reviews basic pharmacokinetic principles, and Part II illustrates the clinical application of these principles to common problems.
- Extensive explanations emphasize major concepts and accompany complex equations.
- Figures help visualize concepts
- NEW chapters include drug dosing in renal disease, pediatric considerations, and pharmacogenomics, as well as antifungals and expansion of the cytotoxic and immunosuppressant therapies
- Includes cases that address pediatric considerations and pharmacogenomics
- Updates include new information on the clinical use of serum drug concentrations
- New Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter highlight the key concepts