is published on behalf of the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG).
As the leading clinical journal covering gastroenterology and hepatology, The American Journal of Gastroenterology (AJG)
provides practical and professional support for clinicians dealing with the gastroenterological disorders seen most often in patients.
Published with practicing clinicians in mind, the journal aims to be easily accessible, organizing its content by topic, both online and in print. Topics include:
- Colon and Small Bowel
- Functional GI Disorders
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Pancreas and Biliary Tract
devotes itself to publishing timely medical research in gastroenterology and hepatology with:
- The notable Red Section which starts each issue by summarizing What's Hot in the Red Journal and publishing articles, debates and editorials covering techniques, methodologies, ethics, practice management and other important matters of concern to the international clinical community.
- Original Research at the highest level covering the spectrum of clinical gastroenterology and hepatology including the latest clinical studies on emerging developments.
- Study Highlights which summarize current knowledge and newly presented information in a particular article - a useful tool for the busy clinician.
- Editorials that highlight important issues in international gastroenterology and hepatology.
- In depth Clinical Reviews on hot topics in gastroenterology and liver disease.
- ACG Practice Guidelines present best practices for diagnosing and treating a range of disorders affecting the GI tract.
- CME credit opportunities, which are offered in every issue.
- Online supplementary materials accompanying many articles are available free online, including downloadable PowerPoint slides and videos.
- Supplements compliment every subscription on an annual basis.
to read the journal.