An important addition to the popular Step-Up series, Step-Up to Emergency Medicine
uses the proven series format to provide a high-yield review of emergency medicine, ideal for preparing for clerkships/clinical rotations, end of rotation/shelf exams, and the USMLE Step 2. Clinical pearls, full-color illustrations, and “Quick Hits” provide essential information in an efficient, easy-to-remember manner, perfect for medical, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner students. Step-Up to Emergency Medicine
delivers exactly what you need to know—both for exam preparation and for practical use in the evaluation and treatment of patients in the emergency department.
- Succinct, outline approach focuses on the core content you need to know.
- “Quick Hits” in the margins highlight highly testable topics.
- Clinical pearls help you identify clinical connections for handy retrieval at test time, and aid in the transition from basic science to clinical medicine.
- More than 100 full-color photographs and line drawings illustrate key concepts throughout.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms show examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints.
- Numerous charts, tables, graphs, and mnemonics facilitate easy retention of essential material.
- 100 online questions with complete rationale for correct and incorrect answers, help prepare you for exams and clinical practice.
- Coverage includes every essential area of emergency medicine, including psychiatric, pediatric, and environmental emergencies; trauma, wounds, toxicology, and medicolegal considerations–as well as must-know information on relevant pathophysiology, clinical features, differential diagnoses, patient evaluation, therapy, and more.