Written specifically for older adults who need practical information and advice for managing chronic pain, this easy-to-read, illustrated guide offers effective techniques, exercises, and methods to improve quality of life. With an emphasis on realistic goals, resisting negative thoughts, and mind/body balance, this Second Edition of Pain Management for Older Adults: A Self-Help Guide
offers an up-to-date approach to successful pain management, ideal for older adults with chronic pain, physicians and health-care providers, and caregivers.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Includes self-assessment checklists, progress charts, photos and illustrations, and clear instructions for managing pain – in easy-to-read large print.
- Uses worksheets, bulleted lists, and an easy-to-follow organization to improve learning and help you effectively tailor information to your specific needs.
- Examines the many areas of daily life that affect chronic pain, including relaxation and mood, social support, exercise, the home environment, nutrition, sleep, the physician-patient relationship, and the role of medication.
- Provides information for caregivers of older adults who have dementia.
- Discusses many techniques and methods that have been found to be helpful for patients of any age who live with persistent pain.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s ), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook , powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs , supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more