Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Companion to the Fabrication Process Manual for Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity, now published as a separate text.
This comprehensive text is the perfect resource for use in the classroom, during labs, and in clinical practice for both occupational and physical therapists. Additionally, it is a great reference for those studying to become a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT). Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity: Splinting Principles and Process superbly highlights anatomical and mechanical principles; discusses associated indications and precautions; and promotes clinical reasoning skills by presenting various patient examples, therefore allowing you to confidently utilize techniques in clinical practice.
This updated third edition is divided into the following sections: fundamentals necessary for successful orthotic fabrication, additional intervention methods, and orthoses for specific diagnoses and patient populations. Now with a larger format for more generous pattern appreciation, as well as incorporated and revised evidence-based content from an expanded list of contributing authors, it remains the go-to resource for every level of usage.
- New Chapters on Relative Motion Orthoses, Prosthetics, Orficast,Delta-Cast, and Tendon & Nerve Transfers.
- Fabrication Process Manual is now a separate supplemental resource including comprehensive step-by-step directions for more than 60 orthoses in addition to dozens more orthosis options included within the Clinical and Expert Pearls.
- Full-color photographs of actual patients provide hundreds of new clinical examples demonstrating the direct link to clinical practice.
- Larger Format of textbook allowing for larger images and additional content.
- Addition of Expert Pearls generously shared by dozens of hand therapy experts from around the world including unique orthotic ideas, tips, and material usage.
- Field Notes written by chosen clinical experts highlighting a unique perspective on that chapter’s content.
- FAQs list common questions therapists have related to orthotic fabrication and other intervention strategies for a specific patient population.
- Respected Surgeons contributed their thoughts highlighting the important collaborative relationship between a surgeon and hand therapist.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
also allows users to create Study Collections
to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.