First presented by the American College of Surgeons and the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology in 2015, the comprehensive, evidence-based examination of cancer surgery techniques as standards distills the well-defined protocols and procedures that are critical to achieve optimal outcomes in a cancer operation. This unique, one of a kind collaboration between the American College of Surgeons and the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology focuses on best practices and state-of-the-art methodologies. Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery clearly describes the surgical activities that occur between skin incision and skin closure that directly affect cancer outcomes.
- Quickly grasp the proper technical elements of a cancer operation through clear, practical text and more than 120 illustrations.
- Benefit from careful analysis of the best evidence available in the literature; gathered here to create the highest quality standards in cancers of the esophagus, stomach, thyroid, rectum, and melanoma.
- Learn from experts drawn from diverse groups, including the American College of Surgeons, the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, the National Cancer Institute Cooperative Groups, and the Commission on Cancer, as well as national societies and organizations with an interest in these five cancer types.
Enhance Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.