Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistry: A Clinical Approach, 6th Edition
links biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, empowering students to confidently apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine — from diagnosing patients to recommending effective treatments. This proven, application-centered approach builds biochemical coverage around related clinical concepts to anchor students’ understanding to a clinical context from day one. Intuitively organized chapters center on hypothetical patient vignettes to emphasize clinical applications, and helpful icons, images, and review questions make complex concepts easier to grasp.
Additional Online Features:
- New Genetics chapter instills a foundational understanding of this essential topic without the need for a separate resource.
- More than 700-chapter review questions — including over 200 new questions — with answers and explanations prepare students for success on USMLE exams and others.
- The Waiting Room clinical case studies at the beginning of each chapter emphasize the clinical relevance of biochemical concepts and enable students to practice applying knowledge to real-world clinical scenarios.
- Clinical Notes and Method Notes in the chapter margins help students hone their critical thinking and laboratory application skills.
- Chapter Summaries and Key Content lists that detail essential chapter takeaways at a glance allow students to study more efficiently.
- Clinical Comments and Biomechanical Comments, throughout the text, allow students to make a smooth transition to practice.
- New End-of-Section Exams- totaling 100 questions
- Supplemental text, tables, and figures
- Disease links
- Disease methods
- Full patient profiles