emergency medicine practitioners for
emergency medicine practitioners, Manual of Emergency Medicine Obstetrics
provides a practical overview of all trimesters in a convenient manual format. Nearly two dozen expert contributors representing both emergency medicine and obstetrics offer evidence-based treatment and management guidelines for virtually any situation you may encounter, providing a unique emergency medicine perspective on best practices for high-risk, high-stress obstetric situations in the ED.
- Edited by a Harvard faculty emergency medicine practitioner and a University of Massachusetts practitioner/faculty member who is board certified in both emergency medicine and obstetrics/gynecology.
- Covers general topics in pregnancy such as drug therapy, airway management, trauma, medical co-morbidities, and common surgical conditions.
- Presents evidence-based coverage of both early and later pregnancy – from first trimester bleeding and ectopic pregnancy to peripartum cardiomyopathy and placental abnormalities.
- Offers expert guidance on various types of deliveries, including emergency care of the third trimester pregnant patient with a focus on the precipitous delivery.
- Discusses out-of-hospital deliveries, emergencies after delivery, and care of the mother and newborn.
- A first-of-its-kind resource for emergency physicians, residents, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
Enrich Your Ebook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.