Engaging, accessible, and filled with practical communication advice, Let’s Talk Vaccines
helps you educate patients on the importance of life-saving vaccines using a patient-centered and empathetic approach. Covering everything from the science of vaccine safety to the psychology of risk communication, this essential guide includes real-life examples and thoughtful, evidence-based techniques that will help patients understand vaccines and make informed decisions. Ideal for primary care providers, pediatricians, family physicians, nurse practitioners, and public health advocates, it provides an excellent framework for how to approach difficult discussions, with the goal of improving the health of each patient as well as the community at large.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Directly addresses the increasing trend of parents choosing not to vaccinate their children, including the history and psychology of the anti-vaccine movement.
- Examines the issues underlying vaccine hesitancy, answering the common questions and concerns that vaccine-hesitant patients may raise during office visits.
- Helps you dispel myths and fears that many patients have, with particular attention paid to misinformation and skepticism on social media.
- Covers the anti-vaccine movement’s assertions about autism, autoimmune illnesses and allergies, toxic ingredients, overwhelming the immune system, conspiracies, and more – bringing you up to date with the most common issues and effective approaches to the vaccine discussion.
- Provides practical tips on approaching the vaccine-hesitant parent and how anti-vaccine patients change their minds, with a focus on remaining a positive partner in your patients’ care and finding greater success in your vaccination efforts.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.