Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
With a focus on evidence-based, state-of-the-art information throughout, the eighth edition of Irwin and Rippe’s Intensive Care Medicine
offers authoritative guidance to the wide variety of specialty physicians and non-physicians practicing in the adult intensive care environment. This comprehensive textbook covers both the theoretical and practical aspects of the field, and has been completely updated to provide encyclopedic, interprofessional coverage to support practitioners in every area of this complex field.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- Approaches intensive care from an interprofessional, collaborative perspective, encompassing anesthesia, surgery, trauma, and neurology, as well as cardiovascular and medical intensive care.
- Maintains a practical, clinically-oriented approach, with comprehensive sections on procedures, techniques, and ultrasound; minimally invasive monitoring; pharmacology, overdoses, and poisoning; infectious disease; transplantation; critical care consequences of agents of mass destruction; and many more.
- Features many new chapters, and an entirely new section on Palliative Care and Ethical Issues in the Critical Care Unit.
- Reflects the rising importance of point-of-care ultrasonography with five hours of expertly narrated video embedded into 23 relevant chapters, clearly depicting the ideal use of this tool for intensivists.
- Includes a section on ICU Design, Organization, Operation, and Outcome Measures that addresses important changes and advances regarding safety, clinical practice guidelines, decreasing the cost of care, tele-ICU, and more.
- Provides extensive updates reflecting advances in cardiovascular intensive care, surgical critical care, shock and trauma, and sepsis management.
- Includes recommendations reflecting randomized controlled clinical trials, summarized, when possible, in quick-reference tables throughout.
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
8.375 x 10.875
December 18, 2017
About The Author(s)
- Richard S. Irwin
- Craig M. Lilly MD
- Paul H. Mayo
- James M. Rippe MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Cardiology), Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA; Founder and Director, Rippe Lifestyle Institute, Shrewsbury, MA; Founder and Director, Rippe Health Assessment at Florida Hospital Celebration Health, Orlando, FL ; Founder and Director, Rippe Lifestyle Institute, Shrewsbury, MA; Founder and Director, Rippe Health Assessment at Florida Hospital Celebration Health, Orlando, FL