Selected as a Doody's Core Title for 2021!
For outstanding visual clarity in ocular diagnosis … nothing else comes close.
In this updated and revised third edition, world-renowned authorities at the Wills Eye Hospital provide outstanding guidance on recognition, evaluation, and treatment of ocular tumors, highlighted by more than 2,500 stunning photographs and surgical drawings. This unsurpassed ocular oncology resource is a comprehensive guide to the clinical features, diagnosis, management, and pathology of intraocular tumors and pseudotumors, depicting clinical variations, treatment, and histopathologic characteristics of the many varied benign and malignant lesions that affect the uveal tract, retina, and other intraocular structures. Now brought thoroughly up to date with recent clinical and scientific innovations, this unique volume has been greatly expanded with over 25% new material, and offers more high-quality images than any other text/atlas in the field.
- Presents each entity in an easy-to-follow format: a concise description with references on the left-hand page and six illustrations on the right-hand page.
- Depicts in precise photographic detail the gross and microscopic features that distinguish each condition, while professional drawings and intraoperative photographs demonstrate key surgical principles and procedures.
- Features numerous new references regarding diagnosis and treatment, as well as new scientific tables containing key information for your clinical practice.
- Features 25% new images, including panoramic images, surgical images, diagnostic testing images from multiple modalities, and updated OCT images with numerous enhanced depth imaging OCT (EDI-OCT).
- Covers new information on evolving conditions such as the management of choroidal nevus and melanoma with guidance for early detection using risk factors; information on the newest treatment for retinoblastoma with intra-arterial and intravenous chemotherapy; management of intraocular tumors with photodynamic therapy. Important new information on genetics of uveal melanoma, the implications of genetics, and treatment outcomes is described
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use