Endorsed by the American Association of Sleep Technologists (AAST) and widely used as the go-to text in the field, Fundamentals of Sleep Technology, 3rd Edition,
provides comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of polysomnography and other technologies in the evaluation and management of sleep disorders in adults and children. This edition has been extensively updated and expanded to reflect current practice, the latest technology, and the broader roles and responsibilities of the sleep technologist. Content is enhanced with new illustrations, tables, and treatment algorithms. This textbook, written by and for sleep technologists, is the ideal resource for those practicing in the field of sleep medicine or preparing for credentialing exams in sleep technology.
- Chapters begin with Learning Objectives and Key Terms defined in the extensive Glossary
- Key new chapters: Inpatient Assessment and Monitoring Program; Home Sleep Apnea Testing; Personalizing Selection of Interfaces; Telemedicine; Surgical and Other Interventions for Obstructive Sleep Apnea; Infant Sleep Management; and several chapters on new roles/responsibilities for sleep technologists
- Major sections include: Anatomy and Physiology, Sleep Disorders and Disorders that Affect Sleep, Patient Care and Assessment, Adult Polysomnography, Pediatrics, and Interventions and Therapeutics
- New expanded section on Sleep Center Management now appears in the expanded eBook and offers comprehensive coverage of organization and environment of a state-of-the art sleep facility including policies/procedures, personnel, and ethics and professionalism
- Discusses therapeutic interventions including positive airway pressure, oxygen administration surgical and pharmacologic treatments, and patient education
- Appendix provides new and expanded algorithms and charts, including: Trouble-shooting EEG artifacts, CPAP titration for OSA patient; diagnoses and management of numerous sleep disorders; examples of sleep reports; sample epochs demonstrating sleep stages, respiratory events, cardiac arrhythmias, movement/PLMS events, artifacts, and seizures ( Appendix now included in the eBook that accompanies the text )
- Offers in-depth reviews and illustrations of the neurophysiology and cardiopulmonary aspects of sleep, along with the pathophysiology of sleep disorders
Enhance Your eBook Reading Experience:
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.