Improve clinical competence and performance, deliver better health care, and enhance patient outcomes.Continuing Professional Development in Medicine and Health Care
helps you design, deliver, and evaluate evidence-based continuing education and professional development programs with the goal of keeping practitioners’ knowledge, skills, attitudes, competencies, and performance current and patient centered. Authored by key thought leaders in the field, including members of the Society of Academic Continuing Medical Education (SACME), the book presents today’s most advanced thinking on how to empower clinicians to continuously improve their performance throughout their professional careers.
Organized under five critical themes and 28 essential topics, the book’s chapters start with cases describing real-world dilemmas; continue with evidence-based theories, solutions, and/or resources; and close with “future directions” and contemporary reference lists.
- Use continuing education to transform the delivery of care – with multidisciplinary guidance that draws on theoretical frameworks and evolving evidence from engineering, neuroscience, education, organization management, sociology, and psychology.
- Master techniques for maximizing educational benefits (learning, administrative, and otherwise) – from the evolution of core competencies to advances in simulation.
- Access evidence-informed techniques for providing realistic, personal needs assessments to improve health outcomes.
- Accommodate needs for education that are more flexible, efficient, effective, and accessible, with less need to travel.
- Promote evolving new competencies in clinician-patient communication and clinician cultural awareness .
- Explore methods for conducting research to measure the degree of effectiveness in professional education.
In an era of rapidly changing health systems, anyone responsible for improving health professionals’ continuing professional development is strongly encouraged to take advantage of the guidance within Continuing Professional Development in Medicine and Health Care
You can utilize this interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigationPowerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use