Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect
title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Praised for its concise coverage, this highly accessible monograph lays a foundation for understanding the underlying concepts of normal cardiovascular function and offers a welcome alternative to a more mechanistically oriented approach or an encyclopedic physiology text. Clear explanations, ample illustrations and engaging clinical cases and problems provide the perfect guidance for self-directed learning and prepare you to excel in clinical practice.
- Chapter Learning Objectives highlight key concepts at a glance.
- Problems and Clinical Cases with Answers to Problems reinforce fundamental physiological concepts.
- Summary of Important Concepts boxes provide bulleted quick-review of essential chapter content.
- Multiple-choice Review Questions and Answers to Review Questions (with full explanations for each answer choice) enable self-assessment and alert you to areas requiring further study.
- A chapter on Cardiovascular Integration, Adaptation, and Pathophysiology integrates cardiovascular concepts in the context of normal and clinically relevant conditions.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
also allows users to create Study Collections
to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.