Develop the strong reasoning skills you’ll need for competent and caring practice with An Introduction to Theory and Reasoning in Nursing.
This proven book will help you understand theory, what it is, how it supports nurses and their practice and how you can use it to answer clinical questions and care for patients more effectively.
- See theorists and their theories come to life with Theorist boxes that contain a brief synopsis of the theorist's life and a photo of the theorist (when available).
- Access an alternative to nursing process care plans with a new research-validated reasoning model, the Clinical Reasoning Plan (CRP) that uses actual nursing case studies.
- Increase your understanding of how theory and reasoning is used in clinical practice through Nursing Story boxes .
- Clarify your understanding of individual support theories and nursing theories through Summaries that identify phenomenon, internal concepts or variables, propositions, external variables, and assumptions.
- Increase your mastery of theory, research, and reasoning and their application to nursing practice through Chapter Overviews , Key Words in bold face type, Chapter Outlines. Chapter Introductions, Chapter Summaries, Learning Activities , and a comprehensive Glossary.Go online to explore specific topics of interest through a wide range of up-to-date References .
- Find the information you need fast with anytime, anywhere access to the fully searchable text online.