Develop top-level guidelines for high-risk and critically ill pregnant women with AWHONN High-Risk & Critical Care Obstetrics, 4th Edition , an official publication of the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric & Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN).
This comprehensive analysis of critical care obstetrics concepts offers summary of research findings and top-notch clinical expertise. Made for perinatal clinicians who provide care to pregnant women with high-risk or critical care conditions, this is the expert guidance you need to navigate complex patient conditions and promote safe, effective perinatal care.Grow your knowledge base with current clinical guidance on high-risk and critical care obstetrics …
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS™, Android™, PC, and Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- All content fully updated - new chapters on maternal morbidity and mortality, strategies to improve maternal outcomes, critical care development strategies, volume resuscitation, triage, morbidly adherent placenta, and more
- Most chapters written by nurse and physician author teams demonstrating effective collaborative care
- Practical guidance on obstetric patient assessment and triage
- Proven care management insights on handling clinical conditions such as mechanical ventilation during pregnancy, anesthesia emergencies, pharmacologic treatments, hypertension in pregnancy, cardiac and pulmonary disorders in pregnancy, diabetic ketoacidosis and continuous insulin infusion management in pregnancy, acute kidney injury, and moreSample clinical care guidelines address Preeclampsia/Eclampsia, Massive Transfusion, Morbidly Adherent Placenta, and moreUp-to-date summary of research on maternal morbidity and mortality factors - leading causes, life-threatening childbirth conditions, racial disparities, and preventabilityThorough pathophysiology information that details interventions needed for a wide range of obstetric disordersIdeal review text and clinical guide for obstetric nurses and maternal-fetal medical students
About the Clinical Editors
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time—providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity, as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
Nan H. Troiano, RN, MSN, is Consultant, Perinatal Nursing, High Risk and Critical Care Obstetrics, Interim Leader, Women and Infants Clinical Service Departments, Arley, Alabama
Patricia M. Witcher, MSN, RNC-OB, is Clinical Outcomes Manager of Women’s Services at Northside Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia.
Suzanne McMurtry Baird, DNP, RN, is Nursing Director of Clinical Concepts in Obstetrics, LLC, Maternal Director of Quality Improvement at Tennessee Initiative for Perinatal Quality Care, and Staff Nurse in Labor and Delivery at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee.