Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect
title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Developed by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), ACSM’s Foundations of Strength Training and Conditioning
offers a comprehensive introduction to the basics of strength training and conditioning. This updated 2nd edition focuses on practical applications, empowering students and practitioners to develop, implement, and assess the results of training programs that are designed to optimize strength, power, and athletic performance. Clear, straightforward writing helps students master new concepts with ease, and engaging learning features throughout the text provide the understanding and confidence to apply lessons to clinical practice.
- Myths and Misconceptions boxes debunk popular myths and clarify widespread misconceptions about strength and conditioning.
- Interpreting Research boxes draw attention to important research findings and explain their application to strength and conditioning practice.
- Case Studies throughout the chapters challenge you to evaluate real-world scenarios and devise effective solutions.
- Exercise boxes provide step-by-step instructions for various exercises, as well as Caution! alerts that highlight important safety considerations.
- Sidebars highlight topical points at a glance.
- Additional online resources, including videos, animations, additional exercises and exercise variations, and an interactive question bank further support understanding of the content.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter test your knowledge and challenge you to apply what you’ve learned.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
also allows users to create Study Collections
to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.