The WOCN Professional Practice Manual, 4th Edition, builds on previous editions as a guidance tool for clinicians, teams or independent practitioners. The manual is a resource and reference that WOC nurses can use in developing, implementing, and expanding their specialty nurse role and practice.
What’s New for this Edition?
· New chapters on consultation and grant writing.
· Updated information related to the variety of practice settings, roles and responsibilities of WOC nurse experts and advance practice nurses.
· A complete chapteron the the legal aspects of nursing, including scope and standards of care for nurses, and provides an overview of negligence, malpractice and other common legal considerations for nurses.
· Job description and performance appraisal samples related to the Certified Foot Care Nurse, APN and Wound Treatment Associate (WTA) which can be customized for different settings – a great resource for the novice WOC nurse!
New appendices include:
· The certified foot care nurse and the wound treatment associate roles
· An orientation plan and skills check list
· The role of the WOC nurse in continence care
· Websites for evidence based practice
· A sample member’s research grant proposal
· Grassroots Toolkit