The Washington Manual of Critical Care
, similar to other volumes in this vaunted series, features authors and contributors who are faculty members and practicing physicians at Washington University’s School of Medicine. Inside you’ll find comprehensive and current information for bedside diagnosis and management of some of the most common illnesses and problems encountered in the ICU setting.Key Features
- Covers the treatment and management of shock, sepsis, acute episodes of COPD and asthma, myocardial infarctions, organ failure, and other conditions and disorders.
- Provides overviews of intubation and catheterization procedures, as well as of common drug side effects and drug-drug interactions.
- Contributors hail from departments in Internal Medicine, Neurology, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Anesthesiology.
- New chapters have been added on ECLS, critical care ultrasound, rheumatology, and management of transplant patients.
- Includes concise, easy-to-read diagnosis and treatment algorithms for common conditions, plus bibliographical references for additional, in-depth reading.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac.Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline.
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks.
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design.
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click.