This Study Guide for The Complete Medical Assistant includes exercises and activities that align with the latest CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and meet the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective learning domains. Working through the Study Guide, students will reinforce information presented in the textbook.
Features of the Study Guide
· Learning Objectives focus on the major topics from the chapter. Each objective addresses knowledge necessary for the entry-level medical assistant.
· Objective-style questions include matching terms and definitions, identifying medical Abbreviations, and multiple-choice format. Terminology and abbreviation activities give students a chance to review important terms and Abbreviations they may encounter during externship and into their employment in a medical facility.
· Brief answer questions and case studies require students to review the textbook chapter for essential information and apply problem solving to case studies based on actual scenarios that may occur in the medical facility.
· Internet research exercises encourage students to find more information about topics and subjects included in each chapter. Students learn how to access reliable websites to obtain information that will help them understand medical conditions and develop patient education materials.
· Procedure skill sheets provide students with the step-by-step process for performing the basic clinical skills they may encounter in the medical facility. Instructors can evaluate students by assigning points for each step performed correctly.