A person-centred resource essential for Australian students
This textbook is designed to support students in diploma and degree level mental health nursing courses. Reader-friendly and concise, it promotes skilled engagement, collaborative assessment and care planning, as well as emphasising the need for self-awareness and effective communication.
Written in collaboration with accomplished nurse educators and practitioners, Mental Health Nursing
delivers a complete framework to prepare nurses for working in mental health. Australian practice is at the core of the text and it includes a special focus on gerontological issues.Key Features:
- Therapeutic Communication dialogues give examples of patient behaviours and effective nursing responses.
- Australian best practice is emphasised throughout, with demographic, institutional, legislative and cultural references.
- Drug Alerts highlight essential points about psychotropic drugs.
- Nursing Care Plans provide treatment plans with guidance on assessment, outcomes and implementation.
- Patient/Family Education boxes provide information that helps strengthen students’ roles as educators.