1. NEW! Chapter Opener Case Profiles and Case Study
2. NEW! 40 Clinical & Pathology photos
3. NEW! Coverage of Supplemental Terms in Text
4. NEW! Access to Spanish English Translation Pronunciations Online
5. NEW!: Updated representation of health professions; more represented, along with Discipline Images
6. NEW!: Updated design, based on new Memmler interior design to create a more cohesive feel among these two products and to create a core foundational text package.
7. NEW! Resource Guide on Chapter Opener identifies tools to be used with that chapter. Icons are used throughout Chapters to provide students with tools to reinforce the narrative.
8. NEW!: Robust ancillary program with PASSport to Success™ included
9. Case Studies throughout the chapter
10. Clinical relevancy of the content
11. Organization makes content accessible enough that text can be used as part of classroom instruction, for independent study, or for distance learning.
12. Starter set of 104 printed flashcards; ancillaries include electronic flashcards of all terms in the text, as well as the ability to add additional flashcards.
13. Special Feature Boxes
— Clinical Perspectives: focus on body processes as well as techniques used in clinical settings
— Health Professions: focus on a variety of health careers, showing how the knowledge of medical terminology is applied in real-world jobs
— Focus on Words: provide historical or other interesting information on select terms within a chapter, breaking up what can otherwise become sometimes tedious content
— For Your Reference: provide supplemental information for terms within a chapter
14. Access to MyPowerLearning: Learning Style Assessment – Identify if students are Visual Auditory or Kinesthetic
15. PASSport to Success: Online Student Activities identified by Learning Style
16. NEW! Most Commonly Prescribed Drugs Brand/Generic Flashcards online