Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Get the vital concepts, data, and how-to on medical-surgical nursing with the newly updated Medical-Surgical Nursing Made Incredibly Easy, 4th Edition
This fun-but-informative guide uses colorful drawings and diagrams to demonstrate the mechanisms and clinical indications of the most common disorders found in each body system—followed by clear-cut direction on assessments, interventions, and evidence-based treatments. An ideal support to class materials and NCLEX®
preparation, this is also the perfect on-the-spot refresher for nurses in every kind of medical-surgical practice.
- NEW real-world guidance from “Nurse Joy” and “Nurse Jake”—expert tips and insights for medical-surgical nursing situations
- NEW quick-scan format with concise, easy-to-remember bulleted content
- Hundreds of colorful drawings, charts, and diagrams illustrating vital points
- Chapters covering disorders by body system, including cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, renal and urologic, reproductive, and musculoskeletal
- Current data and best practices on assessing and treating common disorders, including:
- Anatomy, etiology, and physiology
- Physical assessments
- Diagnostic testing
- Current NANDA International nursing diagnosis guidelines
- Step-by-step, expert guidance on vital skills, with real-life patient scenarios for areas including:
- Cancer, obesity, and gerontology care
- End-of-life care
- Fluids and electrolytes
- Acid-base balance
- Pain management
- Blood transfusion reactions
- Classifying and treating heart failure
- Use of CT scans, MRIs, and x-rays for each body system
- Preoperative care
- Surgical processes
- Special chapter features:
- A closer look – Illustrations that explain anatomy, physiology, and complex pathways
- Education edge – Patient teaching tips
- Just the facts – Brief outline of content at the start of every chapter
- What do I do? – Steps to take in emergency situations
- Weighing the evidence – Evidence-based practice pointers that support nursing actions
- Memory jogger – Memory tricks that help you remember key concepts and treatments
- Quick quiz – End-of-chapter riddles and multiple-choice questions to help you retain vital content
About the Clinical Editors
- Online supplementary materials:
- 1,000 NCLEX®-style questions in current NCLEX® exam format
- NCLEX® preparation tutorials
- Clinical simulation case studies
- Test-taking strategies and study techniques
Carolyn Gersch, MSN, RN, PhD(c), is Director of the Division of Nursing and Chair of the RN-BSN Completion Program at Kettering College in Kettering, Ohio, and co-President of Connect: RN2ED, a nurse education consultancy.
Nicole Heimgartner, MSN, RN, COI, is an Associate Professor of Nursing at Kettering College in Kettering, Ohio, and co-President of Connect: RN2ED, a nurse education consultancy.
Cherie Rebar, PhD, MBA, RN, FNP, COI, is Director of the Division of Nursing and Chair of the Prelicensure Nursing Program at Kettering College in Kettering, Ohio, and co-President of Connect: RN2ED, a nurse education consultancy.
Laura Willis, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, is a Family Nurse Practitioner at the Little Clinic of Ohio LLC in Urbana, Ohio, and President of Connect: RN2ED, a nurse education consultancy.