Need expert guidance on Spanish-speaking patient care? Step into speedy proficiency, with the freshly updated Medical Spanish Made Incredibly Quick!
®, 3rd Edition.
This colorfully illustrated pocket guide for nurses and other healthcare professionals offers a solid grounding in Spanish pronunciation, with translations for hundreds of medical terms and phrases. A vital on-the-job tool for both new and fluent Spanish-speakers, it provides the Spanish terms and phrases needed to explain assessments, procedures, medications, patient teaching, and nutrition — an invaluable support for nurses and other healthcare professionals of all levels, in all practice areas.
The fully illustrated, on-the-spot translator for everyday clinical use!
- NEW and updated quick-read, bulleted content
- Write-on/wipe-off laminated pages that make notetaking and erasing easy
- Pocket-sized spiral-bound format that offers on-the-spot access to Spanish terms and phrases
- Brightly colored, quick-find tabs that make it quick and easy to locate sections such as basics, assessments and procedures
- Assists in patient teaching with colorful images and communication tools such as see-and-point pictures
- Covers the basics of Spanish pronunciation and translations for vital everyday medical terms and definitions
About the Clinical Editors
- Language-learning supports that include:
- Spanish language basics – alphabet, pronunciation, nouns, pronouns, grammar, greetings, simple words, days and dates, colors, numbers, time, opposites, measurements, healthcare personnel, clothing, relatives, location, food
- Assessment questions – phrased in yes-or-no format to draw out the most useful information from patients on issues involving different body systems, as well as treatment of pain, sexual and physical assault, and geriatric and prenatal issues
- Terms and phrases used in assessments, by body system – cardiovascular; respiratory; neurologic; GI; musculoskeletal; reproductive; urinary; immune and endocrine; skin, hair, and nails; eyes, ears, mouth, and throat
- Terms and phrases used during procedures – test preparation; physical examination; diagnostic tests; cardiovascular, respiratory, GI, musculoskeletal, and renal procedures; IV therapy
- Medication terms and phrases – therapeutic drug classifications, medication history, medication administration, wound care, common disorders
- Teaching terms and phrases – diet, pre- and postoperative care, diseases, disorders
- Learning aids – picture dictionary and glossary
Cherie R. Rebar, PhD, MBA, RN, COI, is Vice President for Communication and Marketing at Connect: RN2ED, Beavercreek, Ohio and Wittenberg University, Springfield, Ohio.
Nicole Heimgartner, DNP, RN, COI, is Vice President for Business and Finance at Connect: RN2ED, Beavercreek, Ohio and Mercy College, Toledo, Ohio.
Carolyn Gersch, PhD, RN, CNE, is Vice President for Operations and Procedures at Connect: RN2ED, Beavercreek, Ohio and Ohio Institute of Allied Health, Dayton, Ohio.