Massage Mastery: From Student to Professional presents the theory (why) and practice (how) of massage therapy in an engaging, accessible way for today’s adult and young-adult learners. Chapters are organized into manageable Topics that facilitate incorporation into any massage curriculum.
The text has many features that support student academic success as well as inspiration for their new careers.
· Chapter-opening key terms, learning objectives, and mind maps orient the student to the material in the chapter.
· Unique illustrations, charts and graphs illuminate theoretical content in a colorful and visually instructive way.
· Technique Boxes provide step-by-step instructions illustrated by beautiful, clearly labeled photographs. A list of the techniques appears in the frontmatter.
· Concept Briefs placed throughout the text distill complex concepts into understandable bits of information
· Massage Fusion Section at the end of chapters includes several components that assist today’s learners to fully integrate theory and technique:
o Study Tips provide useful hints for maximizing learning benefits as well as efficient use of study time.
o Massage Inspiration presents activities and exercises that encourage students to have fun and enjoy the process of becoming a therapist.
o It’s True! highlights massage research relevant to specific chapter topics.
o Chapter Wrap Up encourages students to keep learning. Students are reminded of how far they have come, and what they are now ready to learn in subsequent chapters.
Free! Online Study Guide provides the following:
· Quizzes and Case Studies help students enhance their understanding of the concepts
· Learning Contracts and Rubrics encourage students to plan and gauge their progress in the course