Approaching motor development as the study of change, Lifelong Motor Development, 7th Edition, offers the most up-to-date, comprehensive, research-based coverage of motor behavior across the life span available today.
Rather than introducing a single theory, the book covers the most prominent theories and views that underscore our understanding of change in motor development to help students truly understand the multicausal and complex nature of motor development across the lifespan.
Now in vibrant full color, the 7th Edition offers much that is new, including new content that reflects the latest research, new pedagogy, new illustrations, and an enhanced suite of resources that help students succeed and ensure easy integration into the classroom.
· New content throughout reflects the most research in the field and includes diverse new examples of real-world application and expanded discussions of factors affecting motor development.
· New learning activities (approximately three per chapter) help students relate to motor development concepts connect to real-life practice in such areas as Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant, as well as professions in educational/school environments.
· A new full-color design features color photographs and 130 new illustrations that make complex concepts easier to understand.
· A strong focus on evidence-based practice is reflected throughout, with content connected to the most recent published findings.
· New videos showing movement across the life span (walking, running, skipping, etc.) bring concepts to life. – John is this going?
· Expanded coverage of special populations (with separate chapter ‘Aytpical Motor Behavior) includes new discussions of adjusted motor development in autism and developmental coordination disorders, as well as updated sections on cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, and attention deficit/hyperactive disorder.
· Recently-released assessments across all populations have been added, making this the most up-to-date text on the market.
· New Focus on Applicationboxes connect concepts to allied health practice.
· Updated Focus on Application boxes present interesting research findings associated with the underlying theme of change – and how that concept applies to motor development.
· Think About It questions encourage students to think critically about concepts as they apply what they’ve learned.
· In-text learning aids, including chapter objectives, key terms, and summaries, help students master the material.New Web link boxes provide expanded information and video illustrations as well as access to information as it changes.