This updated ninth edition of the leading medical physical examination pocket guide available today provides concise, authoritative guidance on how to perform the patient interview, physical examination, and other core assessments. This trusted pocket-sized reference includes fully illustrated, step-by-step techniques, retaining the easy-to-follow two-column format that correlates examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right.
Now featuring an enhanced design, new content, and new student-friendly learning aids, Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, Ninth Edition,
is the ideal quick-reference resource for today’s medical, PA, pharmacy, and nursing students.Key Features:
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- NEW! Expanded Unit 1 provides an overview of the components of the patient encounter and helps you ensure the most effective information-gathering and decision-making approaches.
- NEW! Algorithms provide helpful starting approaches for patients with common presenting symptoms.
- UPDATED!Restructured Regional Exam chapters enhance your understanding of overview material, examination techniques, and health promotion and counseling considerations.
- UPDATED! Photographs, illustrations, and references reinforce key content based on the latest evidence-based information.
- UPDATED! Text boxesare numbered to provide quick access to important summaries of clinical conditions and tips for challenging examination techniques.
- Detailed, highly illustrated tables of abnormal conditions display examination and clinical information in an easy-to-find, quick-reference format.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.