Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Published by the American College of Sports Medicine, this Fifth Edition of ACSM’s Resources for the Personal Trainer is the critical content for those seeking to gain ACSM’s Certified Personal Trainer certification, and those currently practicing. This title is now fully aligned to the tenth edition of ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, and includes the new pre-participation guidelines, which will be critical for those in the personal trainer field.
This title continues to recognize the Personal Trainer as a professional in the continuum of creating healthy lifestyles and provides the Personal Trainer with both the tools and scientific evidence to build safe and effective exercise programs for a variety of clients. ACSM’s Resources for the Personal Trainer is the official preparation book for the ACSM Certified Personal TrainerSM examination.
Divided into six distinctly different parts, ranging from an introduction to the profession of personal training to how to run a personal training business, ACSM’s Resources for the Personal Trainer provides coverage of anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics, behavior modification, and nutrition as well as assessment of strength and flexibility and the development of resistance and cardiorespiratory training programs. The science- and evidence-based approach allows the Personal Trainer to transfer knowledge to their clients effectively.
September 6, 2017
About The Author(s)
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Expanded content and coverage of guidelines related to special populations
- New content on functional movement assessments
- Significantly updated and expanded behavior management content
- New chapter about advanced training options
- Key Points highlight important concepts addressed in the text
- Case Studies present common scenarios that allow for application of concepts
- Icons in select chapters direct the reader to valuable online videos
- Student and faculty resources including fully searchable online text, videos, an image bank, PowerPoint slides, a test generator, and lesson plans.